Having an RC Helicopter is everyone’s dream in their childhood. Even some of the elders also have a fascination for RC Helicopters like me. With an RC Helicopter, we can enjoy our playing time flying it in the sky and just watch over it. It feels like we are flying in the sky on it.
I am a fan of RC Helicopters, but I have been always facing a problem finding a place to store my RC Helicopter in my home. So, if you are also facing this same problem, then stay with me till the end.
Read the full article on how to hang an RC helicopter on the wall to discover a solution by yourself.
Why Hanging An RC Helicopter Is A Problem?
Since my childhood, I have always found out RC Helicopters are very exciting toys for me. But it gives me a headache when I try to find a place in my small room to hang it.
For this reason, my parents didn’t want me to buy an RC Helicopter many times. So, the best way to store it is just to hang it on the wall. As some of us have a little bigger RC Helicopter, we face more difficulties hanging it on the wall.
So, today we will find a simple way to hang the RC helicopter in our room.
What Do We Need To Hang RC Helicopter On The Wall?
- A pen or pencil
- A piece of paper
- A Ruler
- Torpedo level (If you can manage)
- Hollow wall anchors
- A pair of skid clamps
- A drill machine/ screw gun with an 8-inch drill bit
- A suitable position in your room’s wall
- First of all, you have to make a pattern on the paper. For this, find a suitable position on the skid of the helicopter from where it will be easier to take out. Now open up a clamp, then put it on the skid of the helicopter.
- The same thing has to be repeated for the other skids. Open up the other clamp and put it on the other skid in the mirror position of the first one.
- Take the helicopter down on the piece of paper. Then take the pen and draw around each one of the clamp holes inside.
- Now take the helicopter away and draw a straight line through those centres with the help of the ruler.
- Here is the big thing coming. Now you have to take the paper in the suitable position of the wall as you selected before. Now grab the helicopter and put it in the approximate position and mark it on the wall by the pen.
- Now drill an 8-inch pilot hole right through the spot.
- This time, you have to use the pattern you made on the paper before. Take a screw and insert it through the paper and hold for a while.
- Use the torpedo level and move the pattern and level it as it looks pretty good. Then take the pen and make a tiny dimple in the wall through the paper which will be visible.
- Using the 8-inch drill, now you have to make holes in the marked spots.
- Now you have to install hollow wall anchors. With force and a screw gun, you have to install the hollow wall anchors.
- Next, attach the clamps to the wall using the screw gun so that you can install the screws into the wall anchors.
- Here you have to attach both skid clamps to the wall. But before we tighten them up, let’s see by the ruler whether they are in a line which we wanted. Now tight them up if they are in the desired position.
- Finally, you have to set up the hanger for our RC Helicopter. Just open up the caps of skid clamps and insert the skid into them. That’s all, you have finally hanged our RC Helicopter beautifully.
- Check the electricity connection before using the drill machine/screw gun.
- Be conscious about using force for mounting the screw, hollow wall anchors and skid clamps.
- Make the pattern precisely so that we don’t have to do the work repeatedly.
What Size Of The Wall Do We Have To Choose For The Hanger?
Ans: It depends on your RC Helicopter size. If the Helicopter is big, choose a big wall side of your room and if it is small then choose a small wall side.
An I Also Use This Hanger To Hang An RC Plane?
Ans: Based on the size and skid of your RC Plane, you can use the hanger. But don’t hang a bigger plane in a smaller hanger.
Where Can I Find The Equipment Needed For This Hanger?
Ans: You can find the equipment in any hardware store near you. Otherwise, you can also search in google and find the items in many web stores.
Following these instructions, now you know how to hang an RC helicopter On The Wall in your room very easily. No one will ask you in your home where to store this.
You can now get the full fun of your RC Helicopter. But before installing the hanger, I want to again request you to read out the precaution attentively to avoid unwanted accidents.
After that, I want to tell you that there is another way to make a hanger for your RC Helicopter with screws and rope. Well, that is for another day. Now enjoy your RC Helicopter!!