Since few people can afford to purchase real helicopters. There has been an increased popularity of remote-controlled helicopters. Individuals have opted to buy the much cheaper RC helicopters so as to gain the flying experience.
Top 5 Best Rc Helicopters For Beginners
Before one can buy an RC helicopter its best that they do massive research so as to know the one that can best fit their needs. Unlike real helicopters, RC helicopters are much easy to control and maintain. More so when an RC helicopter breaks, it’s much easier to get its body pat replacements without much struggle. Below is a list of the best RC helicopters for beginners.
1. WLtoys v913
Some of the qualities this machine boasts of are the: its ability to partake 360egrees rotation besides the normal flying abilities. Due to its enhanced stability factor, its hovering is very stable. It also boasts of a brushless main motor. It also has a support of about 200m making it easy for one to fly as much as they want. Its features earn it a slot in the best RC helicopter for beginners list
- The massive radius of operations(up to 200metres)
- It’s very stable even in mild weather conditions
- It’s very durable
- Its body parts are readily available thus easy to maintain.
- takes longer to cool down since it doesn’t use brush-less motor technology
- Long charging hours in-between flights.
- Less flight time of about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Wltoys v931
Starting our list of best RC helicopter for beginners is the Wltoysv931. Recommended for most children aged 14 and above. With its price being rather affordable, the v931 major emphasis was on its scale canopy. It has a brushless 06 outer runner motor on it’s behind that provides enough power to the rotors. More so their 500mah battery provides ample power for the helicopter to maintain its flight.
- great emphasis on the scale details
- easy to fly due to its accelerometer flight mode
- covers a huge distance in less time
- its power train is brushless
3. WLtoys V912
Priced below 100 USD, the WLtoys v912 is huge as compared to its v911 predecessors. Its battery can be removed from the body especially when you want to use your computerized charger. Different from its brother, the v912 came with a much-upgraded transmitter with a very cool user interface. The machine is also stronger and can handle even the mildest of weather conditions.
- amazing stability
- fun to fly
- has no twitchy tail unlike the v911 thus the tail holds pretty well
- the main rotor is very powerful
- Manufacturers don’t offer a spare battery.
- Center of gravity should be shifted to the front to improve forward flight.
- very huge thus not easily carried around
4. Skyco 3.5
This helicopter was designed mainly for shooting plastic missiles. It can carry a capacity of 6 missiles with the capability of auto firing. It boasts of excellent flying stability and accurate speed control. It’s also easy to control and can maneuver easily. It has a built-in gyro that helps you fire missiles without really being afraid to lose your target.
- It’s very durable
- It’s stable while in the air and can maneuver around with ease.
- the infrared guided missiles reduce the struggles of having to be precise with the aiming of your targets
- Good for target practice.
- One can be mischievous and use plastic missiles to attack innocent bystanders.
- Reduced performance in mild weather conditions.
- One cannot rely solely on the gyro system to channel missiles accurately to its targets.
- Less fly time, about 10 minutes.
5. WLtoys V911
This machine was first introduced in late 2011. It has a much thinner canopy which is very light and weighing 1.9g. This v911 is stronger and can sustain some serious crashes. It’s also less noisy as compared to other RC helicopters. Since it’s small and very light it’s easily portable and fits well in the hands. It boasts of a stronger frame and the tile is screwed to the frame thus not easy to twitch. This machine goes for a price range of below 50 USD making it one among the best RC helicopter for beginners
- Flexible and stronger skids.
- Great tail rotor due to the prop guard.
- It’s very compared to other RC helicopters in the market.
- Has a much stable and stronger canopy together with the frame.
- Easily swayed away by wind since its very light.
- Less flight time, up to 10 minutes.
- Difficult to get some of its replacement parts.
Beginners guide to RC helicopters
In conclusion different RC helicopters each boasts of unique characteristics both in appearances and characteristics. In my opinion, however, I would go with the WLtoys v913 as the best RC helicopters for beginners as it does not only have a brushless power train but also has an accelerometer flight mode that makes it easy to fly. More so it can cover huge distances in little time.