Flying an RC (Remote Control) helicopter is a fun hobby for almost everyone. And the modern generation already took a keen interest in possessing RC aircraft.
We’re talking kids, teenagers & even adults to enjoy the weekend leisure. However, continuous design upgrades made low-range helicopters closer to drones.
No need to worry about local law enforcement with expensive drones for fun. Investing money in subtle ground-transmitted choppers can satisfy your needs.
There are many models in the market with a wide variation in specs. And you should stick with the best RC helicopter options to ensure a successful purchase.
10 Best RC Helicopter Reviews
Okay, it’s time to reveal the most favorable choices within your financial reach. Every individual option comes with essential details to explain the product. You just need to determine your requirements first to find the exact match.
1# SYMA S107H-E Remote Control Helicopter Aircraft
- Altitude holding function to initiate locking at a certain height.
- Steady 2.4GHz RC specs to support its 187”/20m flight scope.
- Built-in single key operation to enable easy landing or takeoff.
- Complete alloy structure alongside anti-collision mechanism.
- Superior 3.5 channels flexibility with 2 selectable frequencies.
Accompany the kids or beginners with the US-standard compatible RC design. The mini indoor helicopter can cheer up your adventurous kids.
Absolute alloy body weighs a mere 0.97 lbs to integrate exceptional sturdiness. Built-in gyro stabilizer comes with a complete 3.5 channel support.
Its 2.4GHz remote control supports a maximum 787”/20m flight scope. Emergency stops can halt the action on exceeded levels to reduce damage.
You’re free to operate the helicopter up, down, right, left, forward & backward. Meantime, 2 selectable frequencies let you fly 2 helicopters at once.
It actually requires 150mAh power at a 3.7V rating to secure a 5min – 6min flight. And you’ll have to buy 4 x AA batteries with 60-min recharging demands.
- Minimal damage on impact/hit.
- Easy control within height limit.
- Standard USB charging cable.
- Fully automated slow landing.
- Not suitable for outdoor uses.
2# Cheerwing U12S Mini RC Helicopter with Camera
- One key takeoff/landing facility to hover at certain heights.
- Flexible rotor blades for metal frame to impart toughness.
- Built-in camera to receive live video feed with real-time pics.
- Altitude holding function with two different speed settings.
- Multi-player support for a standard 2.4GHz remote control.
The mini helicopter is an excellent purchase for anyone with/without skills. Its real-time WIFI FPV transmission sends video/pictures to your smartphone.
Metal frame weighs about 70.6g/2.49oz for its 10.63 x 1.77 x 4.72 inches dimension. Built-in 640 x 480p camera lets you have more fun with the aircraft.
Additional altitude holding locks the height after releasing the throttle stick. And the takeoff/landing key should hover the flight automatically at a certain level.
Powerful 350mAh Li-polymer battery at 37V rating allows 5 – 6 minutes to fly. But you must purchase 4 AA batteries to activate the 30m ranging transmitter.
Likewise, one key takeoff/landing comes with high and low-speed modes. And an emergency stop holds the built-in low-battery/out-of-range warning support.
- Responsive auto-hovering action.
- Extreme longevity against impact.
- Specific height locking for control.
- Easy smartphone app navigation.
- Not suitable for windy situations.
3# VATOS Remote Control Helicopter for Kids
- Built-in Gyro technology for the rotor to check stable heading.
- Advanced barometric pressure technology for height holding.
- Supportive modular battery duo to enable extended flying.
- Broad flight scope with powerful 2.4GHz remote transmission.
- Standard 1-key landing/takeoff operation for absolute control.
Invest in the perfect recreational gift for anyone willing to enjoy leisure. The portable RC helicopter measures 260 x 130 x 45 mm to weigh a mere 68 grams.
The aircraft itself features 6 specific parts whereas the control has 7 partitions. Altitude holding with barometric pressure locks the chopper at certain heights.
However, the soft rotor blade remains sufficient to balance stability against safety. Multicolored LED lighting lets you explore the dark night without tension.
Its 2.4GHz remote control can cover 30m – 40m within 0°C – 40°C. You’re to buy 3AAA alkaline batteries against 2 included 300mAh/37V Li-Polymer Heli batteries.
A 60-min recharge time supports 15 minutes of flight (6 – 8 for each battery). And the signal remains steady enough without a jammed function on all occasions.
- Stable height maintaining action.
- Double modular battery support.
- Bright LED light for fast detection.
- Perfect for indoor/outdoor flying.
- The battery may appear faulty.
4# Cheerwing S107/S107G Phantom 3CH Mini RC Helicopter
- Upgraded gyro feature to incorporate auto system stability.
- Matching rotor diameter to suffice the fuselage dimensions.
- Special frame material to withstand sudden crashes/impacts.
- Miniature size with a lightweight spec for simple storage/use.
- Colorful LED lights to check comfortable helicopter tracking.
Cheerwing labels the chopper as the most durable stabilized RC helicopter. Its supportive metal frame can withstand dozens of crashes/impacts/shocks on operation.
Latest gyro system enables precision control with 2 selectable frequencies. The 3-channel control allows steady up/down, left/right & forward/backward movements.
Small 16.8 x 2.6 x 6.1 in measurements with 13.6oz weight initiates superb agility. And a full-function trim control retains perfect flight with balanced rotor heading.
Integrated 150mAh Li-Polymer battery at 37V powers up the helicopter. But you’ll need to purchase 6 AA batteries to activate the powerful remote transmission.
About 50 – 60 minutes of recharge should support 5 – 6 minutes of flight. Meanwhile, colorful flashing LEDs will let you detect the movements in darker conditions.
- Fully stabilized flight heading.
- Good troubleshooting support.
- Steady remote-control range.
- Precise rotor speed on the action.
- Small connecting change plug.
5# WLtoys Large V912 4CH Single Blade RC Helicopter
- Sufficiently powerful helicopter battery to hold the weight.
- Genuine action with its supportive four-channel operation.
- Commercial PP construction to impart maximum durability.
- Sturdy exterior design to counteract sudden impact/shock.
- Consistent remote transmission up to 150m flying distance.
3D action becomes a pleasant reality with the miniature RC chopper. Large single-blade rotor features the necessary power to initiate flight balance.
Likewise, the built-in 2.4GHz remote transmission supports a 4-channel system. It can take upward, downward, sidewise turn & sidewise fly on call.
Durable PP material covers for its 20.08 x 5.51 x 9.84 in size at 3.15lbs. You can check for 150m distance with optimum response outside the house.
Rechargeable 1500mAh battery at 7.4V powers up the helicopter. Charging the system with a USB cable should allow 8 minutes of continuous flight.
In fact, a 60-minute charging should suffice the scope at initial attempts. However, you’re to invest in 4 AA batteries to activate the remote control.
- Extended distance for flying.
- Simple yet functional design.
- High resistance to hit/impact.
- No loss of balance or control.
- Registration is required in the US.
6# SYMA Latest Remote Control Drone with Gyro and LED
- Notably unique combo of drone with helicopter for gifting surprise.
- Single key takeoff/landing to enable comfortable, precise handling.
- Instantly responsive altitude holding to keep flying under the range.
- Supportive 4CH 2.4GHz transmission to ensure a 5min – 7min flight.
- Inclusion of an exclusive landing pat to help the novices practicing.
Superior technical sense manages to combine excellent design with a smooth action. In fact, the latest appeal resembles an eye-catching drone-chopper combo.
Popular joystick control lets you check the flight upward/downward, left/right, forward/backward. It comes from the 4-channel functionality with its 2.4GHz transmission.
Built-in gyro enables steady hovering in the air, securing stable flights. Likewise, releasing the throttle stick will immediately lock the aircraft at a certain altitude.
Its 10.87 x 8.11 x 5.04 size weighs around 1.32 pounds. A 60-minute recharge will set the structure to fly for 5-7 mins. And you better stick with its indoor application.
Included 3.7V 150mAh helicopter battery can maintain 20m scope. Of course, buying 4 additional AA batteries should let you operate the transmission control.
- Excellent flying control.
- About 6X fast response.
- Full assembly package.
- Indoor or outdoor uses.
- Only for skillful hands.
7# OMPHOBBY M2 V2 Direct-Drive RC Helicopter for Adults
- Top-notch MOSFET integration to improve its dual ESC.
- Built-in receiver suffices S-BUS & DSM/DSMX satellites.
- Nylon landing gear holds a six-sided hollow CNC tailpipe.
- Rear carbon fiber fin checks the exquisite fiberglass canopy.
- Dual brushless direct drive without any distorting noise.
The high-quality model inherits superb functionality to satisfy helicopter enthusiasts. It’s suitable for flexible indoor as well as violent outdoor flights.
Actual weight counts 1.41 pounds for the 18.22 x 7.01 x 4.49 inches RC chopper. Improved dual ESC initiates low inner resistance to push flight accuracy.
And you can definitely enjoy the six core benefits of use. It includes – control adjustment, direct drive, 3D flight, great precision, low noise & simple care.
Also, built-in gyro sensitivity enables 9 levels on aileron, elevation & orientation. Included 3S 650mAh 45C battery powers up the helicopter on command.
Max flying time counts 9mins with 4 min extreme 3D maneuvers. Nylon, CNC, metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber defines a dependable structure ready to go.
- Three built-in modes for action.
- Easy flight control adjustments.
- Improved flight characteristics.
- Servo middle-point positioning.
- No RC/charger in the package.
8# SYMA S100 Cute Super Smaller Aircraft Indoor RC Helicopter
- High-quality metal allows imparting sufficient surface strength.
- Instantly functioning emergency stop to avoid a major collision.
- Multi-level protection mechanism to keep the system running.
- Standard 2.4GHz remote transmission to suffice 3.5 channels.
- One key takeoff/landing facility with the altitude holding lock.
Start enjoying the time with the extremely small yet super cute mini helicopter. It’s indeed one of the smallest models to create a genuine impression.
The mere 4.13 x 1.06 x 2.36 inches size can literally rest on two fingers. However, sturdy alloy metal retains absolute longevity against impacts or hits.
Simple commands can initiate moving up, down, left, right, forward & backward. Likewise, you’ll have the one key landing/takeoff with its altitude holding.
Low-voltage function comes with a reverse connect protection & inner board jamming. And the 2.4GHz RC checks 3.5CH support to cover the 14m scoping range.
Included Li-ion battery requires a 30-min recharge to deliver 5min – 6min flight. The indoor helicopter comfortably suits adults & kids of beginner level.
- Extremely lovable outlook.
- Perfect size for apprentices.
- Extended inner protection.
- Simple USB cable recharge.
- The battery isn’t very powerful.
9# Blade BLH1100 RC Helicopter (Ready-to-Fly) with Safe Technology
- Polymer with carbon fiber body to ensure maximum strength.
- Multifunctional 6 channel transmitter for SAFE tech selection.
- Precision control with built-in Spektrum™ DSMX compatibility.
- Specific flybarless head design to encourage flight efficiency.
- Three different operating modes – stability, agility, stability Z.
Don’t let the initial heli learning difficulties hold you back anymore. Integrated telemetry for its upgraded flight characteristics comes ready-to-fly (RTF).
The 14.8 x 10.6 x 3.6 inches helicopter weighs a mere 14.4 ounces. Its durable construction also includes a flybarless, high-speed rotor to ensure maximum balance.
Additional SAFE technology with a built-in panic recovery mode pushes the action. And you’re set to receive the fixed pitch, superior speed & exceptional agility.
Its exclusive battery checks E-flite 500mAh 3.7V 25C Li-polymer specification. Using store-bought 4 AA transmission batteries should deliver 5 minutes of flight.
However, the 4-in-1 remote control features Spektrum™ DSMX Technology. The mechanism includes – 2.4GHz receiver, motor ESCs, mixer, flybarless controller.
- Precise control on altitude levels.
- Active envelop protection system.
- Sub-micro linear long-throw cycle.
- No assembling tasks upon arrival.
- Not very beginner-friendly.
10# Focket RC Helicopter, Gyro, and 3D/6G Mini Helicopter
- 11000KV main brushless motor against 8520 coreless tail motor.
- Powerful 6 AA battery transmission to cover 100m x 80m space.
- 3D & 6G technology to support electronic 3 gyro or 6 axle gyros.
- Combination of light plastic with thin metal to set good stability.
- Inclusion of a highly rated 3.7V 500mAh 25C helicopter battery.
The model incorporates superb simulation, creative craftsmanship & dedicated design. Its adorable 9.8 x 9.1 x 3.0 in size to weigh 86g/3.0oz features a beautiful appeal.
Special aerodynamic mechanism initiates superb driving force against stability. The helicopter can also adopt new gyro tech, preferably 3D alongside 6 axle gyroscopes.
Included 3.7V 500mAh 25C battery powers up the 1106 main brushless motor. Meanwhile, a built-in hover setting lets you establish full control over the flying aircraft.
You can continuously attempt a 10-minute session for every 60-minute recharge. Control distance measures 100m against a matching control height of 80m.
Of course, the remote transmission itself comes with a 6-channel facility for movements. Again, a large-screen LCD & low-voltage alarm will secure careful applications.
- Extremely precise flight control.
- Complete package for assembly.
- Superfast USB charging support.
- Exceptionally broad flight scope.
- Initial assembly seems tricky.
Choosing a specific option from the best purchases appears somewhat difficult. Still, it seems Cheerwing U12S can suffice your requirements at a full scale.
Whether it’s adult/kid or beginner/pro – the design suits everyone inside & outside. The featured APP control with WIFI FPV transmission remains unique for RC helicopters. And anti-collision design comes with sufficient durability for year-long applications.
Features like warming beep, multiplayer support, speed mode make it one definite choice. Even the battery power counts well enough for each flight.
For a somewhat tight budget, SYMA S107H-E is arguably an affordable option. However, the price difference counts almost null from the top pick.
Still, you’re getting the absolute best features at a lower price. Quality, response, action – everything appears exceptionally great. Even the battery looks good enough to support sufficient scope. You just need to settle for indoor uses to secure precise operation.
You may consider options like Vatos or WLtove to satisfy a notably lower budget. But you’ll have to spare several good features to justify the purchase.
What to Look for While Buying the Best RC Helicopter?
There are many specifications associated with readily available remote-control aircraft. But you don’t have to keep everything in mind to cause jeopardy. Instead, you should look into the fundamental factors to confront maximum service.
How far can you send the helicopter without losing contact? You must check for 20m – 40m standard coverage with any specific model. Also, you should confirm the maximum altitude against its safe distance.
Not every model can handle the uncertain outdoor weather with its tiny size. And the majority of the high-quality chopper can suffice indoor use only. You must catch the strict restrictions to attempt outdoor flight.
It’s a must for every RC helicopter to enable comfortable, safe, instant response. And the control settings must appear easy enough for adaptation. You’re to explore the package contents closely to secure precise navigation.
Regardless of the helicopter size, the rotor is indeed the most crucial part. Your control of its navigation highly depends on the proper speed. Make sure the rotor can initiate instant response on every command.
All the well-founded brands offer batteries for the helicopter. However, you’ll have to spend extra money to buy the control batteries. Don’t try to save money while compromising with the required specs.
Very long recharge will speed up the battery power deterioration. And it’ll start to affect your transmission alongside the flight time. Also, you must use the provided USB charging cable to retain the actual efficiency.
Almost all the designs are reasonably small, weighing some mere pounds. But you must emphasize the material to ensure longevity/toughness. It must withstand regular impacts/hits/shocks for at-home uses.
You may get many automated features with expensive models. Altitude holding, immediate stop, warning beeps should remain present. It’ll keep your flying aircraft secure from every extent outside the house.
Are you fond of flying the mini chopper in your backyard at night? That’s where detectable LED lights can accompany you from every aspect. Also, a delightfully colored pattern can make an impressive gift for anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are RC helicopters any dangerous?
Answer: Personal-level injury often takes place on indoor uses. The running rotor possesses some threat to pets/toddlers. But it’s unlikely to encounter any major accident with careful use.
How high can RC helicopters reach?
Answer: There are no straightforward rules to limit the chopper altitude. Maximum height often depends on outdoor weather conditions. You’ll have to check the manual for confirmation.
Are RC helicopters difficult to fly?
Answer: Flying the helicopter may seem a nightmare for newbies. It’s compulsory to try the initial flights outside. And learning the ground-up curving is necessary for safe operation.
Do RC helicopters need registration?
Answer: USA citizens have to register RC helicopters weighing more than 250 grams. Otherwise, nothing to worry about. You should look into the aviation regulations in other countries.
Are RC helicopters considered drones?
Answer: Flying materials controlled from the ground are referred to as drones. There, even an RC helicopter becomes a drone. But practically, a drone features superior technical features.
How many channels for RC helicopters?
Answer: In simple words, the channel reveals the number of helicopter controls. Most of the affordable designs have 3, 3.5, 4 channels. Also, you can check for 6/7 channeled RC helicopters.
It should take time to understand the practical basics of RC aircraft application. And each of the best RC helicopters mentioned above can help.
Whether it’s a grownup or kid/teenager – the fun hobby should make the user happy. You may want to determine your intentions to save time.
Knowing your requirements will make it rather easy to find the ultimate option. Right there, no need to waste time on overwhelming choices.