6 Best Outdoor RC Helicopter 2019
Best Outdoor RC Helicopter Comparison Table
Table of Contents
- Best Outdoor RC Helicopter Comparison Table
- 1. Cool RC Single Rotor Helicopter
- 2. Syma S107/S107G RC Helicopter
- 3. Hero RC iRocket Fixed Pitch Helicopter
- 4. UDI U13A Metal RC Helicopter
- 5. GPToys Infrared Remote Control Helicopter
- 6. HakToys HAK303 Mini RC Helicopter
- A Few Words On RC Helicopter Safety
In addition, RC helicopters could be used both indoors and outdoors. So, in summary, you have to know the details about the RC helicopter before you buy one for yourself or your children.
1. Cool RC Single Rotor Helicopter
This is an updated version of the former WL helicopter from the United States. The model is equipped with a single rotor perfectly and aerodynamically designed that can offer the lift needed to lift the helicopter in the air.
Guaranteed longer flight time with the compact and durable package of two lithium batteries.
The remote control is capable of offering three main movements and the buttons and levers are tested to be durable.
You can also recharge the RC helicopter with a USB adapter.
- WL V911 single rotor helicopter in red/white
- New and improved battery compartment – battery fits
- Note: The original battery does not fit into this new version. Please check only the new version battery!
- Comes with 2 batteries for long flight time
- 4 Channel 2.4Ghz Helicopter
2. Syma S107/S107G RC Helicopter
The Syma helicopter is very easy to fly! I was surprised by the fact that I could keep it in the air without losing control or hitting a wall! I have mastered the landing on my remote control helicopter landing pad!
It can be flown in or outdoors. When flying outdoors the wind can affect your flight as this helicopter is very light.
It has red and blue flashing lights allowing it to fly at night, pairing it with a remote control helicopter landing pad and has the perfect setting for night flight.
Flight time has varied from 7 to 15 minutes for me, flight time is less outside depending on the breeze.
Very easy to control, although I still have to master what each button on the remote does! I just hit the buttons, push the joystick in each direction and go! Fly like a dream for me!
The RC helicopter is rechargeable using a USB or transmitter and only takes 30 minutes to be fully charged. Once it is loaded, you can have 8-12 minutes of flight time.
- 2 selectable frequencies We will fly up to 2 helicopters at a time
- Amazing Technology in the palm of your hand!
- Full 3 Channels: Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward.
- The transmitter has an alignment adjustment, a charger, and Power. Indicator, a left / right lever, and a trimmer. A lightweight lithium polymer battery.
- Suitable for indoor flight only.
- Suitable for over 14 years.
3. Hero RC iRocket Fixed Pitch Helicopter
This model is ideal for both indoor and outdoor activities and is equipped with dual mode operation.
It has a strong and wide range of frequency and also an LCD transmitter that ensures the Fine Tuning.
The main propeller and the tail blade is designed with modern technology and is capable of convenient binding. IRocket is powered by a rechargeable battery and can be charged via USB cable.
- Indoor / Outdoor Capacity
- Dual mode operation
- LCD Transmitter / Fine Tuning
- Convenient Binding
- Cyclic Servo Control
4. UDI U13A Metal RC Helicopter
The model is made of metal and is designed to be precisely balanced. What makes this model so important is that this helicopter is equipped with a video camera so you can take pictures or video while flying it.
This supports the conventional 2.4 GHz frequency and has an infrared receiver. In addition, the helicopter is equipped with a 3-axis gyro with advanced technology and a mixer as well.
The RC Helicopter frame is made of metal alloy to ensure lightweight and the leaves are made of plastics.
The transmitter can support up to three channels, giving you the ability to fly three helicopters at once.
This is powered by a Lipo battery and is equipped with a technology to avoid overcharging the battery as well.
- A good quality helicopter with the camera for taking photos and videos
- Channels for 6 directions: up, down, forward, back, rotate clockwise and counterclockwise
- 4-in-1 infrared receiver 3-axis gyro mount, ESC, mixer, and receiver
- Metal alloy frame with elastic blades and flybar to resist shock. Transmitter supports 3 channels for 3 heli fly at the same time
- Overcharge protection prolongs battery life Lipo. About current protection technology
5. GPToys Infrared Remote Control Helicopter
If you are buying an RC helicopter for the first time, this would be a good decision. It can support up to three frequencies, so you can fly three different Helicopters at the same time using the controller.
It comes with a fly ready function.
The RC helicopter can be charged through a USB port and the remote control has a range of up to 15m.
- Charging time: 30-50minutes
- Flight time: up to 8 minutes
- Radio remote control: 15 meters
- Helicopter battery: 3.7V 350mAh lipo battery
- Controller Battery: 6 “AA” batteries (not included)
- The best option for beginners
6. HakToys HAK303 Mini RC Helicopter
This mini RC helicopter is an ideal gift for your children as it is suitable for both indoor and outdoor activities.
Flying this model is very easy and the flight has perfect balance and stability due to precise design. It has a built-in gyroscope that increases stability as well.
The helicopter is designed to be shock-resistant and the body of it is made with flexible materials.
The battery only takes 30 minutes to fully charge and has a flight time of up to 8 minutes once the battery is fully charged.
This RC helicopter has a flight range of up to 50 feet and has an infrared controller.
- Easy to fly, stable flight; Built-in Gyroscope for maximum stability
- Shock resistant, built with flexible materials
- Optimal charging time: 30 minutes, flight time: 6-8 minutes, flight range: Up to 50 feet
- Infrared controlled – recommended for indoor flights
- Ideal for beginners. Available in blue and green colors
A Few Words On RC Helicopter Safety
To avoid injury or damage to property, first make sure you know exactly how to fly your RC helicopter. That means reading through your manual, studying your flight surfaces and controls on the transmitter, and reading about or viewing instructional videos about the flying characteristics of RC airplanes and helicopters in general.
When you are first learning to fly your RC helicopter, you should do it outside on days with no significant wind blowing. That helps reduce collisions often caused by over correction, a common mistake that new pilots make. Also try to choose an area free of power lines, low tree branches and other obstacles.
Once you know how to keep your plane flying steadily then you can start practicing maneuvering from side to side and back and forth. With that mastered, you can move on to varying flight speeds and, soon enough, making never more sharp turns, testing some quick changes in elevation, and so on.
Only once you’ve got a safe hand in control of your RC helicopter outdoors where there are minimal obstacles, do not hesitate to move a smaller helicopter into the house.
Whenever possible, just fly an RC helicopter that has given enough time to charge your batteries. When these units are at full power, they are more sensitive to control and are less likely to fall suddenly from the air.
We hope this blog will help you find the best outdoor rc helicopter for beginners.
If you have any questions about the helicopters we have covered, feel free to leave us a question in the comment box below.